Is Emsella Right For Me? 5 Important Facts to Know
Urinary incontinence is something millions of men and women silently struggle with every day. It is most common in women after going through childbirth or menopause, but it can affect anyone at any age. In many cases, urinary incontinence is caused by the gradual weakening of the pelvic floor muscles. This weakening can make it difficult to “hold” your bladder or go through the day without leakage. Kegel exercises and panty liners used to be the go-to solution for urinary incontinence. But modern innovations have produced a much more effective long-term solution to urinary incontinence: Emsella.
What Is Emsella?Emsella is a highly effective, state-of-the-art treatment for all types of urinary incontinence in men and women. The Emsella device utilizes high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) energy to strengthen and “reeducate” your pelvic floor muscles that have weakened over time. At Luxxe Wellness & Beauty in San Antonio, TX, we can help men and women find relief from many of the symptoms associated with urinary incontinence. Read on to learn five facts about Emsella that anyone struggling with urinary incontinence should know.
1. Emsella Treatment Is EasyNow that you know the answer to “What is Emsella?” it’s important to know how it works, too. During treatment, you remain fully clothed and sit on the Emsella chair for approximately 30 minutes. While you sit, gentle waves of HIFEM energy are emitted from the chair and directed to your pelvic floor. The HIFEM energy stimulates supramaximal muscle contractions in your pelvic floor to increase muscle strength and control.
2. Emsella Can Actually Strengthen Your MusclesMany people assume that strengthening muscles can’t be done without exercise. However, a single session of Emsella stimulates thousands of supramaximal muscle contractions in your pelvic floor. These rapid contractions target deep pelvic muscles and are much stronger than typical pelvic exercises like Kegels. As a result, Emsella doesn’t just provide temporary muscle toning; it actually strengthens your pelvic muscles in as little as one treatment.
3. Emsella Can Be Used as a Female Rejuvenation TreatmentAlthough Emsella is primarily used as a urinary incontinence treatment, its effects can double as a female rejuvenation treatment. Weakened pelvic floor muscles can cause vaginal laxity and decreased sensation. While Emsella strengthens your pelvic floor, it also strengthens and tightens your vaginal wall. This improves vaginal sensation and can enhance your sex life.
4. Emsella Urinary Incontinence Treatment Is Non-InvasiveEmsella is a simple, non-invasive treatment that doesn’t require any special prep or posttreatment downtime. The entire course of Emsella treatment is performed by a patient simply sitting in the specialized Emsella chair. The HIFEM energy in Emsella is produced using very strong specialized magnets, so the only necessary preparation is to remove any metal jewelry or accessories.
5. Emsella Results Are Fast and Long-LastingOur patients prefer Emsella over other treatments because results can be seen quickly and do not disappear in a matter of months. You may notice reduced leakage and improved muscle control immediately after treatment, but the results improve over time as your muscles continue to strengthen. Many people only need one session of Emsella at Luxxe Wellness & Beauty to achieve their desired results, but we will assess your personal needs and make the appropriate treatment plan recommendations. Sometimes follow-up treatments are necessary in order to achieve the full effects.
What to Expect at Your ConsultationWhen you arrive for a consultation at Luxxe Wellness & Beauty in San Antonio, TX, you can expect to be treated with respect and compassion during every interaction. A member of our compassionate staff will escort you to a consultation room where our doctor will meet with you to discuss your medical history, any ongoing conditions you have, and your expectations. Consultations are generally low-pressure, but it’s still imperative that you’re honest and disclose any medical information that we ask about. We will also provide you with some information on other ways to help minimize incontinence and maximize the effects of treatment during your consultation.
Who Is Emsella Right for?Many people associate urinary incontinence strictly with women or older people, but several things can cause it, including certain medications. As a result, it can impact men and women of any age. Emsella is right for anyone who struggles with urinary incontinence and wants to regain control over their bladder. However, a few conditions might preclude you from receiving treatment. Due to the nature of the treatment, Emsella is not right for anyone who:
- Is pregnant
- Has a pacemaker
- Has any electronic or metal implants
- Has certain heart conditions