What Treatments Can I Add to My Mommy Makeover?
The effects of pregnancy and childbirth can leave you longing for the smooth, tight skin and toned muscles you once had. That’s why many women choose to undergo a mommy makeover. However, if plastic surgery is out of your budget or just too far out of your comfort zone, there are lots of non-surgical options to consider. Read on to learn everything you need to know about non-surgical mommy makeovers at Luxxe Wellness & Beauty in San Antonio, TX.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?Mommy makeovers are not one specific surgery. Instead, the term refers to a group of surgeries performed together to minimize recovery time and create dramatic before and after shots. The typical mommy makeover includes a breast lift or augmentation, liposuction, and a tummy tuck. At Luxxe Wellness & Beauty, we prefer to go a gentler, less invasive route to achieve similar effects to a traditional mommy makeover. No two people have identical bodies or experiences, so what you need from a mommy makeover may look completely different from what someone else needs. That’s totally okay. Mommy makeovers are highly customizable and can be adjusted to meet your individual needs.
What Is a Mommy Makeover Used to Treat?A mommy makeover can help treat many of the unwanted effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and natural aging. Women might seek a mommy makeover to treat the following concerns:
- Skin laxity
- Weakened abdominal muscles
- Urinary incontinence
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dull complexion
- The appearance of stretch marks
- Decreased vaginal sensation
- Stubborn localized fat deposits
3 Popular Treatments for Non-Invasive Mommy MakeoversAt Luxxe Wellness & Beauty in San Antonio, TX, our non-surgical mommy makeovers usually include three treatments; Emsella, Emsculpt Neo, and RF microneedling. Read on for in-depth information on each of these treatments, including how they work and what they can treat.
1. EmsellaEmsella is a gentle and non-invasive treatment that is meant to treat both urge and stress urinary incontinence. That means you’ll be able to hold your bladder for longer periods of time — and finally, no more leaking when you sneeze or laugh too hard. The Emsella chair uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) energy to stimulate deep muscle contractions in your pelvic floor. This helps strengthen weakened muscles that are responsible for incontinence and reeducates them to respond better to neural stimuli. Emsella also doubles as a vaginal rejuvenation treatment and helps increase sensation and lead to more pleasurable intercourse.
2. Emsculpt NeoEmsculpt Neo is an FDA-cleared device that can be used to strengthen and tone muscles that have become weakened with age or as a result of pregnancy. The device utilizes radiofrequency (RF) technology and HIFEM energy to stimulate thousands of rapid muscle contractions in a single half-hour treatment session. This helps build muscle mass and target localized deposits of fat that have not responded to diet and exercise. Treatment with Emsculpt Neo is extremely versatile and can be adjusted to target the areas that bother you most. Emsculpt Neo can be used to strengthen muscles in the following areas:
3. RF MicroneedlingRF microneedling combines traditional microneedling with radiofrequency technology to create a synergistic skin tightening and smoothing treatment. This treatment can be used on the face, neck, chest, and abdomen, making it excellent for moms who have a small pouch of loose skin after giving birth. Microneedling with radiofrequency stimulates collagen production in your skin and can significantly improve skin laxity and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, uneven skin texture, and even stretch marks. Like Emsculpt Neo, the full effects of RF microneedling cannot be seen immediately. Instead, results continue to improve in the weeks following treatment.
What Are the Benefits of a Non-Invasive Mommy Makeover?Non-surgical mommy makeovers have a competitive edge over traditional mommy makeovers in several regards. These are just some of the benefits they offer:
- Are more affordable
- Do not require any downtime or lengthy recovery
- Do not require any anesthesia, sutures, or staples
- Provide long-lasting results comparable to traditional mommy makeovers
- Continue to improve with time